Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Update


Well, since I last wrote we've had Christmas, which was wonderful. Christmas vacation, also wonderful, and 2 birthdays, Missy is officially a teenager and I'm 38.


First things first. Christmas was really nice, this was our second year having our own celebration in our own home on Christmas day. On Christmas Eve we go to our close friends/adopted family for the evenings which we love! Anyway, instead of a huge spread I made everyones favorite plus a ham. Michael and Kadie LOVE spicy taco dip, Megs fruit pizza, Missy's noodles and Mikes macaroni salad with big chunks of cheddar cheese. Maddi's favorite seemed to be the ham and the noodles. Michael came bright and early, just missed the opening of the presents but did get here right after.


For Missys birthday she had 3 of her best friends stay for a junk food eating movie watching giggling night of fun.


For my birthday I spent the day window shopping and out to eat with my girls. It was such a good time. Complete craziness at Old Navy with Sis tired of shopping, Meg trying to pick me out clothes and Missy and Kadie helping "chase" Sis, it was hilarious!! I love getting older and watching my family grow, what a blessing!


Michael is the next birthday, he will be 20 on the 22nd. I'm planning on throwing together a lasagne for him and running it to him for supper. He's had a rough couple weeks. His super sweet and smart lab Mac, had to be put down due toThey are doing fine now and actually have a new puppy named lymphoma. I'm proud of them for making the responsible decision. He has taken and passed his GED, is working at Farm & Home store and plans on taking college classes starting in August.


So far all is well with Mikes job despite the recession and we just ask for prayers that it continues to be. I'm still staying home and I love it. I might pick up a few weekends as a nurse this time next year, but not before then. Hmmmmmm, I wonder why????


That brings me to my next update, for those of you that don't already know we are having our 6th (and yes this one will be the baby) Smith sometime around June 17th. I will be 18 weeks tomorrow and that's also when I'll be going for my ultrasound. We are VERY excited about this and can't wait to meet him or her. I think her. Hopefully along with finding out we're having another healthy baby we will find out the answer to that question also.


So, be looking for the next update. I will say again that I'd like to start blogging more, and that is my intention, but, we will see.




1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Yippee!! I have really been missing your updates on here. I just love hearing all the news. :) Makes me feel closer to you and like I have the "inside track" on what's going on. :) Love it!!! Wow, so much stuff... you guys are so busy. I just adore how close-knit your fam is and how much you just love spending time with them.

I love you and can't wait to see you again, hopefully soon. Hugs!!!!